I can’t believe it has been over a month since my last post. Did you miss me? As you can guess I haven’t been sitting around doing nothing. We are having our first ice/sleet storm here so frozen in. We have power but the roads are glare ice. Ice is covering our Dish TV so signal is not very good. That makes it a good day to start my blog again.
Here is a quick summary of the last month:
- Christmas with family and friends in Charleston. Lots of pens given for Christmas presents.
- Quiet New Years Eve at home
- Early January an overnight trip to Atlanta to attend the funeral of my dear friend Delorese Ambrose.
- Started weekly yoga class
- Fay doing water aerobics and Bob swimming 3 times a week
- Started weekly SC history class at Furman (really fun)
- Joined Greenville Commerce Club (you will hear much more about this) and attended several of their events.
- Bob and Fay started watching a series of college level lectures by the Teaching Company on Values and Ethics. We are half done and what a fun challenge it is to learn new words and concepts. We previously took courses on Peoples and Cultures of the World and the Psychology of Human Behavior. We have not watched Science and Religion yet and can’t wait to start it.
- Bob finished his workshop, put in the floor in the last room on the lower level and is putting in the floor molding as I type this.
- Took 20 hours of classes on wood turning at Greenville Woodworkers Guild.
- Working on a new website for wood turning and selling some of our hand made items.
- Here are a few it the items Bob and I have been working on.
Hope your new year is off to a good start. Ours is.