November got off to a roaring start. The first week I had:
- Newcomers board meeting here (15 people)
- an OLLI tour of the new Marriott Hotel
- Greenville News coming to interview us and take photos of the house for the garden article
- A fabulous concert at the Peace Center by The Hot Club of San Fransisco. They played high energy gypsy jazz which we loved but also for part of the show played the music for four short silent films from the 1920. Very unusual, fun, quirky films and a delightful night. (Cousin Larry, you would have loved them). This was one of four concerts we got tickets for with a special Peace Center birthday celebration. The tickets are $5.
- On Saturday we hosted Cocktails R Us for 8 couples. Bob did a demonstration of making a pen and that was a big hit.
- Sunday finished packing and left for a week’s vacation in Nashville!
That was a little TOO busy a week but we sure had fun and I wouldn’t have wanted to miss any of it.