In September STEAM Tech Teams has gone to:
– J.L. Mann New Tech to talk to students about doing a service project for their school around the eNABLE hand. This is a school within a school focused on STEAM programs.
– Started mentoring 4 very talented seniors at Dorman High School in Spartenburg on drones and the eNABLE hand. This will go on all semester. Bob is having so much fun working with his group on the Quadcopters.
– Gave a presentation to the business supporters of Upstate STEM Collaborative
– Started working with Northwest Middle School here in Travelers Rest. We will be teaching the teacher how to use her new printer and then working with the students in the 3D printer club which meets every other Friday afternoon.
– I also was a guest of my friend Malinda to attend the Greenville Women’s Giving kick off event. A VERY impressive group of women.
In October we will be attending the two day STEM Summit in Columbia, be at the 2nd Sat. Roper Mountain event on Star Wars and have a Lunch and Learn presentation to the OLLI students. We also have to continue our work with Gettys Middle School in Easley to finish construction of an arm for their Assistant Principal. Should be fun.