Life Part Two

The adventures of Fay and Bob as they move beyond the 9 to 5 life

Rough week at the Choban home

1 Comment

This is turning out to be a not very good week at the Choban house. Our gas bill has been sky high the last two months. This is summer so we aren’t heating the house.  Had Piedmount Gas out two months ago and they said meter reading was ok. Got our last bill Thursday afternoon and it was $170 when it should be $15. There is clearly a gas leak. Had fire dept. out Friday because Piedmount Gas couldn’t come out till today. Fire Dept. couldn’t find a leak so we are thinking meter is faulty. Piedmount Gas comes out today and finds a nail hole in gas pipe in attic from when our new roof was put on. Apparently this is not rare. So now gas is turned off while we wait for repairs this afternoon. Next our 9 year old 50″ TV is dying and needs to be replaced and last Bob has been complaining about itching bites and we couldn’t figure out what was causing them. Gas man goes out to check meter and tells Bob not to come because he has sandles on and English Ivy is full of poison ivy. Bob has been out there cleaning up the area so his bites were really poison ivy. He is very lucky it wasn’t worse. Now we have to find a company to get that all cleaned out and probably replant with new ground cover. Things could have been MUCH worse. House could have blown up or we could have died.


Author: Fay

Follow the adventures of Fay and Bob, 65 plus, as they explore the country to look for a new home, sell their MN home, finally move and get settled into a new state and town.

One thought on “Rough week at the Choban home

  1. Hi Fay,

    I’m relieved to hear you haven’t exploded – and sympathetic to what you and Bob have gone through. Gas leaks are no joke (and neither is poison ivy). We had a tiny leak near our furnace and called the gas company twice to check out the strange odor we occasionally smelled and they didn’t find it. When we had to have our furnaces checked for our rental inspection, the furnace guy found it. I think he put dish soap on the pipes and saw where the bubble appeared.

    I hope Bob’s rash is clearing up!


    Rosanne Bane

    Author of Around the Writer’s Block: Using Brain Science to Solve Writer’s Resistance and Dancing in the Dragon’s Den: Rekindling the Fire in Your Creative Shadow

    Phone: 612-722-4139

    Website :


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s